Voicemail Drop is a fantastic feature of Kixie's Enterprise Plan that allows you to leave pre-recorded voicemails with one click. You will not have to listen to the voicemail greeting and wait for the "beep" anymore. This will save you time and energy, and ensure that you leave the perfect voicemail to your prospects.
To upload a voicemail drop file: record an mp3 file, then upload it by logging in to Kixie.com, clicking on your agent profile, navigating to the "VM Drop" tab, and naming/uploading the mp3 file. If you aren't sure how to create an mp3 file, just use this. To convert an existing audio file to mp3 format, you can use this.
To "drop" an uploaded voicemail file: after the person's voicemail greeting starts playing, click on the "VM drop/Hangup" dropdown that appears in Kixie PowerCall during an outbound call, and select the name of the file you'd like to "drop". If you "drop" the vm too close to the beep or too quickly after the answering machine picks up, there may be delivery issues. That's it! The call is over, the message has been left, and you can go about your workday.
*Important* - you must logout of the Kixie PowerCall dialer and log back in every time you upload a new voicemail.
Troubleshooting and Limitations:
- There is no voicemail message getting left:
- You are dropping the voicemail when Kixie is still dialing or you are dropping the voicemail too quickly after the voicemail answers.
- Some voicemail boxes have strict timing requirements, or don't have a detectable beep. In these relatively rare cases, the voicemail could not be dropped in. Nevertheless, thes customer will always see a missed call from you.
- The voicemail message you are dropping has a long silence before your recording starts playing
- You are dropping the voicemail either too close to or after the "beep"
Any further questions? Please email email@example.com.