Voicemail Drop is a fantastic feature of Kixie's Enterprise Plan that allows you to leave pre-recorded voicemails with one click. You will not have to listen to the voicemail greeting and wait for the "beep" anymore. This will save you time and energy, and ensure that you leave the perfect voicemail to your prospects.
How to Setup Voicemail Drop:
1. Record the audio file(s) you want use as voicemail drops, and make sure they are in mp3 format.
- If you aren't sure how to create an mp3 file, just use this.
- To convert an audio file you've created into mp3 format, you can use this.
2. Then upload the file(s) to your user account by:
- logging in to Kixie.com,
- clicking on your agent profile,
- navigating to the "VM Drop" tab
3. Logout of the Kixie PowerCall dialer (settings gear in upper right->log out) and log back in every time you upload new voicemail drop file(s).
How to Use Voicemail Drop:
1. Timing is everything. As soon as the person's voicemail greeting starts playing, select the voicemail drop file from the "VM Drop/Hangup". That's it. The call will end and you can move on to your next call.
- The closer you drop it to the beep, the greater risk you run of the voicemail not dropping in.
Troubleshooting and Limitations:
- If there is no voicemail message getting left:
- You are dropping the voicemail when Kixie is still dialing or you are dropping the voicemail too quickly after the voicemail answers.
- Some voicemail boxes have strict timing requirements, or don't have a detectable beep. In these relatively rare cases, the voicemail could not be dropped in. Nevertheless, the customer will always see a missed call from you.
- The voicemail message you are dropping has a long silence before your recording starts playing
- You are dropping the voicemail either too close to or after the "beep"
Any further questions? Please email email@example.com.