On the Enterprise plan, webhooks are a great way to push your Kixie account's call & SMS data into other applications that you use, in order to increase your team's efficiency and improve your processes. Many customers utilize Kixie's webhooks to log calls and SMS messages into CRMs we don't natively offer an integration.
After enabling Kixie's webhook for Voice and/or SMS, Kixie automatically sends your call and/or SMS data to the webhook destination that you specify, after the call/SMS has been completed.
The data comes to you in the following formats:
Voice Webhook Data
- date and time of the call
- call's duration (in seconds)
- call's total cost (in USD)
- call's direction and status (outgoing or incoming, answered or missed)
- call's disposition
- from: number
- to: number
- first name, last name and email address of the Kixie user that made the call
- call recording URL
- CRM URL (where Kixie pushed the call into your CRM)
SMS Webhook Data
- Agent's Phone Number
- Customer's Phone Number
- CRM Link
- Message Direction
To setup the Webhook
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- The account holder email address
- The webhook endpoint URL to catch the data e.g. https://www.kixie.com/webhook
- Please designate separate endpoint URLs for Voice and SMS (unless otherwise intended).
Webhooks via Zapier
Zapier's webhooks are a fantastic way for you to receive this webhook data, and then push it to other applications you use in customizable ways.
Here are two example use cases:
1) Send your entire Call History to a Google Sheet
- create a google sheet using the following template
- make a new zap as shown below, using that google sheet
c) select view webhook, copy the URL, and send it email@example.com
2) Send only certain calls to a Slack Channel
- maybe it's incoming missed calls only, maybe it's only calls with a certain disposition, maybe it's only calls that are outgoing calls and longer than 3 minutes, maybe it's only incoming answered calls longer than 3 minutes. The options are (almost) endless.
- make a new zap as shown below (this one shows how to set this up to only send calls that are answered incoming calls to a Slack channel
- select view webhook (just expand Catch Hook above), copy the URL, and send it firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com