Important - If you are a paid Enterprise user, all you have to do is acquire a number inside kixie.com->manage numbers, and then log out of Kixie PowerCall chrome extension (settings gear in upper right->Log out) and then log back in, and you'll be able to make/receive SMS with that number.
On Kixie's Enterprise plan, users have access to SMS functionality through the Kixie PowerCall (Kixie's Chrome extension), using their direct number.
- Group, IVR and local presence numbers are not SMS-enabled.
If a user does not have a direct number associated with their Kixie line, then the SMS messenger icon will not show up on the dialer.
All SMS messages are made and received inside the Kixie PowerCall.
Sending an SMS:
- To send an SMS, click the SMS button on the dialer as shown:
- Then type in the number, and the SMS message, and click "Send SMS" as shown:
Receiving an SMS:
- When you receive an SMS, you will have you will get an Inbound SMS email notification (which contains the entire message thread), as well as a Chrome notification, as shown:
- You can respond to the incoming SMS from inside of the "Messages" tab of your Kixie PowerCall dialer, not from the Inbound SMS email itself.
The Messages Tab:
From the Messages tab, you can see your entire SMS history in chronological order, including the first/last name and link to that contact from your CRM. If you click on the blue messenger icon, you will bring the entire text thread with that contact up into the Kixie dialer.
In addition to the ability to send/receive texts through the Kixie PowerCall, you can also initiate a text from inside your CRM, or anywhere across Google Chrome!
To do so, just highlight the number, right-click it, then select "Send SMS to: [number]", as shown. This will bring you to the dialer where you can type and send the message.
Tip: in Pipedrive, the number doesn't need to be highlighted, so it can just be right-clicked. In other CRMs like Zoho, or across the web, you'd highlight the number first. An easy way to highlight something is by double-clicking it, by the way.
If you'd like to upgrade to the Enterprise plan in order to have SMS and all the other great Enterprise sales dialer features, please call +14248003337, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.