You can seamlessly transfer (port) your existing number over to Kixie, but you need to fill out and submit the requested information correctly!
Attach the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your most recent phone bill in PDF format
- A copy of the CSR (customer service record) that your current phone provider has on file for you in PDF format. Email your phone provider to request the CSR, they will know what you mean.
- A filled-out copy of the appropriate LOA in PDF format that exactly matches the information from the CSR. If it does not exactly match, the port will be rejected after a long delay.
- For toll-free numbers: fill out the LOA Toll-Free Numbers.pdf
- For regular local numbers: fill out the LOA Regular Numbers.pdf
- If you are porting a mixture of toll-free and regular local numbers, you would fill out the toll-free LOA for the toll-free numbers and fill out the regular LOA for the regular numbers.
- NOTE - if you want to transfer a Google Voice number, first please follow the steps in this article.
If you want to start receiving calls on Kixie right away, then forward your numbers over to Kixie prior to porting, and the process will be seamless.
For any further questions or help with forwarding/porting, please email email@example.com.