Summary: If you have determined that you have the ideal conditions for Kixie to work, and that you have a sufficient router to handle voice traffic, your continuing issues could certainly be a result of your Network/Firewall setup.
Also, if you have experienced an "Unable to Dial: Network/Firewall Issue" error on your Kixie dialer, you need to take the below steps to resolve.
Please take the following 2 steps to ensure the minimum viable network/firewall setup for your team, testing in between steps to determine if you've done enough to fix the problem.
1. If you're not sure, call your Internet Service Provider and make sure they are allowing traffic through the following ports.
- Outgoing and Incoming TCP/UDP and SIP Traffic: allowed and high priority on ports:
- 5060, 5061, 5063, 5080, 5228, 5229, 5230
Open UDP port range 16384-32768 from/to the Kixie VOIP IPs
(see IP Address Configurations for Kixie VOIP)
2. Make sure you have these same above ports open inside your router. If possible, disable SIP ALG on your router.
QoS: take the following step to prioritize voice traffic on your network to ensure better call quality.
1. Configure the QoS settings in your router. See here for more on how to do this, using an ASUS router as an example.
- Prioritize these same ports from above:
- VoIP traffic: high priority on ports 5060, 5061,5063, 5080 for TCP/UDP and SIP
- VoIP traffic: high priority on ports 16384 to 32768 for UDP and TCP
IP Address Configurations for Kixie VOIP:
Advanced: Proceed only if the preceding 2 steps did not work, testing in between steps to determine if you've done enough to fix the problem.
1. Allow traffic to/from these these IP addresses:
2. Make sure your STUN/TURN ports are open.
- STUN and TURN have their own (different) default ports and we recommend you to allow traffic through these ports.
- We use Google’s STUN servers which uses the port 19302/UDP and this needs to be open.
Advanced IP Restricted Networks (for high security networks)
- White-list all of the ports and IP addresses shown above.
- White-list Google's ASN of 15169 for IPv4 and IPv6.
- This is a large list and you should plan to update your rules monthly.
- Problems caused by firewall IP restrictions are often intermittent and difficult to diagnose.
We do not support static IP ranges for the API.
HTTP(S) requests from Plivo
Allow traffic from the Plivo IPs to your web applications
(ports defined by you, for HTTPS, the default is 443, for HTTP it is 80)
STUN servers for BrowserSDK
- We use the google stun servers by default.
Kixie Call Recordings