Remember: 99% of call quality/call drop issues originate in your network and/or computer setup (your router, Google chrome, your actual computer's processing speed, your internet, etc.). This article is meant to help you troubleshoot these factors and resolve your call quality issues. We are happy to assist you through troubleshooting as well.
Here are the ideal conditions for the Kixie Dialer:
The Easy Steps:
Make sure you are signed into an up-to-date version of Google Chrome
a) Updating Google Chrome
- go into Chrome settings->About Chrome.
b) Signing into Google Chrome:
- Sign into Google Chrome (and the Google chrome store) as a unique email that nobody else is using.
- Uninstall the Kixie chrome extension (right-click the red K, select "remove from chrome")
- Reinstall the Kixie chrome extension
Restart your Router (unplug it, wait 20 seconds, plug back in)
- Or you can use an ethernet connection if possible, which should improve your connection instantly.
- If your wifi router is not high-quality and/or you have too much traffic going through it, you should just buy a quality router. Here are the ones we recommend.
Your Headset and Microphone
- To make sure that your headset is set up and paired correctly, see here.
- And to make sure you are using an appropriate headset for the Kixie dialer, see here.
- in short, use a USB headset for best results, not a 3mm like apple headphones
Your Computer, Multi-tasking, and Streaming
- Minimize the number of tabs you have open, especially those that eat up a lot of bandwidth or processing power.
- It is very much not recommended to stream media (audio/video, Chromecast, etc.) while using Kixie.
The Advanced Steps:
Your Network Setup (Ports, Firewalls, Etc.)
- Please see this article for ideal network setup. Latency above 200ms will cause call quality and all drop issues.
- High speed internet gives the best call quality experience. To determine the minimum internet recommendations check this post.
- Verify the strength of your network and/or a firewall that may cause call quality issues or call drops by Netscan from your browser.
Administrative Access Required
- Administrative Access must be available at all times to all Google Chrome directories including this in Windows:
If everything else above seems ideally setup and you still have call quality issues:
- You can always use Kixie Connect to avoid the issues at least temporarily.
- Remember that you can always switch to Kixie Connect as a backup calling option at any time if you are experiencing bad call quality or drops through the Kixie dialer. In other words, you can at least temporarily make Kixie calls via your cellphone or another direct number. Don't worry, this method will still show your Kixie caller ID and track/record the call inside your CRM.
- Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two examples of calls you made or received where the call quality issues were present. You can either submit the call recording link OR the date/time and the number called for these two examples.
- Lastly, we can always provision a 3rd party computer softphone (think Bria or Zoiper) or deskphone which may resolve the issues, so keep that in mind.