*Remember that you can always switch to Kixie Connect as a backup calling option at any time if you are experiencing bad call quality or drops through the Kixie dialer. In other words, you can at least temporarily make Kixie calls via your cellphone or another direct number. Don't worry, this method will still show your Kixie caller ID and track/record the call inside your CRM.
Here are the ideal conditions for Kixie Dialer:
1. Make sure Your Google Chrome is Updated:
Ensure your Google Chrome browser is up to date, by going into Chrome settings->About.
Your Headset and Microphone
To make sure that your headset is set up and synced correctly, see here.
And to make sure you are using an appropriate headset for the Kixie dialer, see here.
Every bit of sound that travels through the Kixie phone also has to be encoded and decoded using your computer. If you are a multi-tasking genius and have 45 tabs open at all times and 5 different applications running then we highly recommend having a powerful computer and lots of RAM to back that up.
It is imperative that you have a good strong internet connection to use Kixie or any VoiP telephony solution. After all, all of the voice data is getting transmitted over the internet so if you have a bad connection you are going to have bad calls.
Two items we recommend are:
- Use a high quality wireless router.
- This will help make sure that your wireless connection is reliable
- We really only recommend this if you do not have a high quality router. We prefer that you roam free and wireless like the rest of the internet loving world
Remember upload speed counts as well - Your voice has to make it to it's destination. 100k upload at a minimum is necessary to have good quality VoIP.
Please see this article for ideal network setup.
Still Having Trouble?
If everything else above seems ideally setup and you still have call quality issues:
- Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two examples of calls you made or received where the call quality issues were present. You can either submit the call recording link OR the date/time and the number called for these two examples.