To provision a Yealink SIP phone for use with a Kixie user account:
- Plug in the phone and factory reset it by holding down the OK button on the phone.
- Get the phone's IP address by pressing "OK" on the phone's interface.
- Enter the IP address into your computer browser, making sure the computer is on the same internet network as the phone.
- if the IP address does not work (site can't be reached), then try entering https:// or http:// before the IP address, i.e. https://192.168.1.1, click advanced, and then proceed to the site anyway.
- To log into the phone's web configuration portal, enter "admin" for the username and "admin" for the password.
- Label and Display Name: optionally, enter the extension of the user account (i.e. 101, 102, etc.)
- Log into the kixie.com dashboard, go inside an agent's profile->devices and routing->devices->add Kixie device (deskphone)->submit. If you want the phone to ring when this agent's direct line is called, be sure to highlight it under "devices to ring" and hit save changes.
- Adding the device will yield you a unique SIP username and password to use in the following step
- Register Name and Username: enter the unique username of the device that you just added in the previous step pictured above.
- Password: Enter the unique password of the device that you just added in the previous step.
- Sip Server 1: enter phone.plivo.com
- In Sip Server 1 Port: change to 5060
- Change SIP Server 1's "Server Expires" to: 3600
- Leave Sip Server 2 blank
- Disable Outbound Proxy Server
- Press Confirm (it should now say "Register Status: Registered")
- In Settings--> SIP (for most Yealinks) enter in a unique local sip port that is above 50600. Example: for the first phone you provision, enter 50601; for your second, you will use 50602, etc. All phones on the network should have unique local SIP ports. Press Confirm.
- Enable these Codecs in Account-->Codec: pcmu, pcma, g722, g729, and press confirm.
- Enable RFC 2543 Hold in Features-->General Information, and press confirm.
- Set Timezone to your time zone and change time format to 12 hour, and press confirm.
- Go to DssKey
- Program Line Key2 with a Type: DTMF, Value: 1221, and Label: Trans
- Program Line Key3 with a Type: DTMF, Value: 1222, and Label: Merge
- Press confirm.
Note: if you've done the above steps and still manual outbound calls don't seem to be dialing...
- change the local SIP port in Settings->SIP (it must be a unique number to the phone above 50600), and retest
- under the Account tab, change the transport from UDP to TCP, and hit confirm, and retest
- upgrade the phone's firmware under the settings tab->upgrade, recheck step #11 once done, and retest
Also see here for how to transfer calls using your deskphone.