STEPS TO COMPLETE BEFORE PROVISIONING
Before you start, be sure to collect the following information from the User Profile you intend to setup with a desk phone:
- On the Kixie.com Dashboard, under Manage > Agents, select View on the agent you wish to setup with a desk phone.
- Select Devices and Routing > Add Kixie Device > Desk Phone
- Select the Edit button by the Desk Phone to see the Desk Phone credentials
- Make a note of the User and Pass information, shown in image below:
STEPS TO PROVISION A YEALINK SIP PHONE FOR A KIXIE USER:
- FACTORY RESET PHONE
- Plug in the phone and factory reset it by holding down the OK button on the phone.
- LOG INTO THE PHONE WEB CONFIGURATION PORTAL:
- Get the phone's IP address by pressing "OK" on the phone's interface.
- Enter the IP address into your computer browser, making sure the computer is on the same internet network as the phone.
- if the IP address does not work (site can't be reached), then try entering https:// or http:// before the IP address, i.e. https://192.168.1.1, click advanced, and then proceed to the site anyway.
- Phone Portal Username: admin
- Phone Portal Password: admin
- UNDER THE ACCOUNT TAB:
- Line 1: Enabled
- Label and Display Name: optionally, enter the extension of the user's Kixie account (i.e. 101, 102, etc.)
- Register Name: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Username: enter the unique User of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Password: enter the unique Pass of the device that you just added in the "Steps to Complete Before Provisioning"
- Sip Server 1: enter phone.plivo.com
- In Sip Server 1 Port: change to 5060
- Change SIP Server 1's "Server Expires" to: 3600
- Sip Server 2: Leave Blank
- Outbound Proxy Server: Disabled
- Press Confirm (it should now say "Register Status: Registered")
- IN SETTINGS TAB:
- Select SIP (for most Yealinks) enter in a unique local sip port that is above 50600. Example: for the first phone you provision, enter 50601; for your second, you will use 50602, etc. All phones on the network should have unique local SIP ports.
- Set Timezone to your time zone and change time format to 12 hour
- Press Confirm.
- IN ACCOUNT TAB:
- Enable these Codecs: pcmu, pcma, g722, g729, and press confirm.
- IN FEATURES TAB:
- Select General Information
- RFC 2543 Hold: Enable
- Press Confirm.
- IN DSS KEY TAB:
- Program Line Key2 with a Type: DTMF, Value: 1221, and Label: Trans
- Program Line Key3 with a Type: DTMF, Value: 1222, and Label: Merge
- Press Confirm.
TEST A CALL:
- Test Outbound: Pick up the phone and dial out to a number
- Test Inbound: Use another device (e.g. cell phone) to call this Kixie user
- Please ensure that the desk phone is selected under Devices to Ring in the Kixie.com dashboard (Manage > Agent > View > Devices and Routing)
Note: if you've done the above steps and still manual outbound calls don't seem to be dialing...
- Change the local SIP port in Settings->SIP (it must be a unique number to the phone above 50600), and retest
- Under the Account tab, change the transport from UDP to TCP, and hit confirm, and retest
- Upgrade the phone's firmware under the settings tab->upgrade, recheck step #11 once done, and retest
- Also see here for how to transfer calls using your deskphone.