Find Me/Follow Me allows incoming calls to your Kixie direct line to be forwarded to an external number (like your cellphone), either after your Kixie devices ring, or instead of Kixie devices ringing.
HOW DO I ENABLE FIND ME / FOLLOW ME?
You can enable Find Me / Follow Me on your Kixie account by completing the following:
- Log into to your Kixie.com Dashboard
- Select My Profile Tab > Select Devices and Routing
- Add a new external device which you would like to use for Find Me / Follow Me if you have not already added one
- Select "Add External +" button > Complete the necessary fields
- Confirm that your External Device is listed under the Find Me/Follow Me
- Your External Device (cell phone) will populate in the field beneath "Forward to" automatically
- If it does not automatically populate, select it from the dropdown menu beneath "Forward to"
- Turn Find Me/Follow Me ON
- Save Changes
PRESS ONE TO CONNECT?
When "Press one to connect" is toggled ON and you answer a call via Find Me/Follow Me, you will be prompted to "press one to accept this call" from Kixie. This message is an indication to you that you are receiving a call from Kixie, rather than a call from a random number. When toggled ON, the Find Me/Follow Me interaction is as follows:
- External Device rings (aka cell phone rings) via Find Me/Follow Me
- You answer
- You hear "dial one to accept this call"
- You dial 1 on your keypad, which initiates the call
- OR you simply hang up the External Device, which sends the caller to voicemail
*You'll see the caller ID of the number calling in, whenever you receive a forwarded call.