On Kixie's Enterprise plan, users have access to SMS functionality through the Kixie PowerCall (Kixie's Chrome extension), using their direct number.
- Group, IVR and local presence numbers are not SMS-enabled.
If a user does not have a direct number associated with their Kixie line, then the SMS messenger icon will not show up on the dialer.
All SMS messages are made and received inside the Kixie PowerCall or the Kixie.com Dashboard.
Question: What is an SMS template?
- Put simply, an SMS template is a generic pre-made message that can be sent to customers through Kixie.
Question: Does it make sense for me to use SMS templates?
- If you find that you are sending the same message over and over to customers via SMS (e.g. "Hey, please call me back when you get the chance at..." or "Sorry, I can't talk right now..."), then you would benefit from SMS templates.
Question: I'm on my Kixie PowerCall dialer right now, but I don't see the SMS template option.
- Please note that SMS template functionality is only available on Kixie version 1.6.05 and beyond. Be sure that your Kixie PowerCall dialer is up to date.
SETTING UP YOUR SMS TEMPLATE(S):
Setting up your SMS template is quick and easy! Just complete the following steps:
- Access your Kixie Dashboard by logging into your Kixie.com.
- Select My Profile tab (on the left-hand side).
- Select SMS Templates tab (on the far right-hand side).
- Select the blue "Add New" button.
- Name your template.
- Enter SMS template message in the Template field (470-512 character limit).
- Select the blue "Submit" button.
Note: Once an SMS template is created, you should see it populate in the table below.
USING YOUR SMS TEMPLATE(S):
Save time and increase contact by using your SMS templates. Just complete the following steps:
- With your Kixie PowerCall dialer open and updated, click the SMS icon (message bubble on the right of the dial-pad icon).
- Enter the number that you would like to use in the Number field.
- Click on the "Choose your option" box to view the drop-down menu containing your SMS templates. (Note: if you do not see your template, please refresh your PowerCall dialer)
- Select the desired SMS template.
- Click the "Send SMS" button.
Voila! You've now know how to successfully create and send messages with an SMS template. Happy Messaging!